Wednesday’s are my least favorite day of the week so each Wednesday I make it a point to make myself laugh until my stomach hurts to get through hump day. Today’s hump day cure is a little Modern Family.
I adore Modern Family almost as much as I love my cat, which is A LOT. My favorite character hands down is Phil Dunphy. His outrageously hilarious yet casual personality makes me want him to be a weird uncle I never had.
I finally caught up on my Tivo from last week and fell in love with Phil even more than I thought possible when he gave Haley a book of his Phil’s-osophy as an advice book when she left for college. Because I think everyone needs a little Phil Dunphy in their life and today is hump day, I give you Phil’s-osophy.
- “When you get pulled over for speeding, tell the policeman your spouse has diarrhea.”
- “Take a lesson from the parakeets. If you are very lonely, just eat in front of the mirror.”
- “Never be afraid to reach for the stars. Because even if you fall, you will always be wearing a Parent-chute.”
- “Marry someone who looks sexy while disappointed.”
- “Older black ladies make the best iced tea.”
- “Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail.”
- “You can tell a lot about a person from his biography.”
- “Watch a sunrise at least once a day.”
- “If you love someone, set it free, unless it is a tiger.”
- “If you are ever in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend mustache.”
- “When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like “What?!”“