I could not be happier that it is now officially time for candy canes and Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” to be on repeat. One of my favorite things to eat in excess during the holidays is peppermint bark. Since I am now living on my own with a full size working refrigerator and oven I have decided to try baking holiday treats.
There are literally only 6 steps including going to the store to buy the 2 ingredients. Its a delicious and cheap gift for friends. YOU CAN DO THIS.
1. Go to the store and buy chocolate chips and a box of candy canes. I hit up Fresh & Easy for chocolate, they had a sweet 2 bags for $5 deal. (You can use any kind of chocolate, I used white chocolate this time)
2. Take 6 of your candy canes and unleash your anger from the past week by mashing them up inside a ziplock. I used a wooden spoon for mashing and it worked surprisingly well. You want the pieces to be pretty small so it’s not overload of candy cane in any one bite.
3. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in 30 second increments in the microwave (for a total of around 2 minutes.) After each 30 seconds stir the chocolate to make sure it doesn’t burn baby buuuurn.
4. Once the chocolate is melted, spread it out on a baking pan and sprinkle the candy cane pieces out. Press down a little on the candy cane pieces to make sure it sets in the chocolate. Odd shapes of chocolate blobs are encouraged as you will break it into pieces later.
5. Put in the fridge to chill for about an hour or until solid. You could use this time to try out a new red lipstick, watch a few episodes of The Office or take a nice nap.
6. Take out of the fridge and break the bark into pieces both small and large. Enjoy!