In honor of Turkey day, I have compiled a list of things I am thankful for, both personal and serious.
The Personal List
- Ellen Degeneres because she’s the shit.
- Twilight is finally over and The Hunger Games is taking over. (Don’t worry Harry Potter, I’ll forever love you most).
- Emoji’s. Special thanks to the dancing cat ladiez.
- Burbank Airport. Yesterday, I left my apartment, got to the airport, got through security and sat at my gate in less than an hour. Sorry to all you suckers at LAX.
- The dog show that airs after the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Google maps on iPhone
- Turning 21. This also includes happy hours. I am very thankful for those.
- Boots and leggings. The outfit I wear basically every day.
- Jetta. She’s always there when I need a joy ride.
- The bros and hoes who I get to laugh at every day while at school.
- Snapchat and the lawlz it provides.
- The San Francisco Giants and their World Series win. Well done boys.
- Michaels for having sales on paint and canvases.
- Pink hair. And then brown hair dye.
- The money plant I bought from Ikea. It is still alive and I have a good feeling about it.
The Serious List
- My mama, father, brother and rest of my family who let me be who I want to be and put me in my place when necessary.
- My cat because she’s adorable and perfect.
- My close friends (if you’re in my favorites list on my iPhone I’m talking to you) for numerous reasons I should not list publicly online.
- All of the opportunities that have come and gone in the past year and have led me to this very moment in my young life. I’m happy and can say I am finally at peace with every decision I have made for myself in the past year.
- My vinyl record player. The best drug anyone could ask for.
Give someone a hug today and tell them you love them, even if they smell like leftovers and are wearing a horrible sweater.