It’s been a steady 75-80 degrees in lovely Los Angeles this weekend and I couldn’t be happier that our little cold front is no more. I truly am one of those people who’s mood is affected by weather. If I ever have to move outside of California, the first thing I will buy is a sunlamp. You think I’m kidding/being dramatic but I’m actually completely serious.
Quick list of things I accomplished this weekend:
- Massacred a can of chili with a knife because I couldn’t open it with a can opener. I have a lot of problems with can openers.
- Hiked Runyon Canyon and wanted to steal all the dogs. Then I almost had an anxiety attack while climbing on a trail that probably wasn’t a trail. But when I got to the top I saw a man with crutches and I thought how embarrassing it was that he could do that and I almost had an anxiety attack.
- Watched Lance Armstrong’s Oprah interview. I could say a lot about this but I’m not going to. All I will say is that he just shattered millions of people’s belief in him and I don’t think he’ll ever get it back. The most heart shattering part of the interview was when he was talking about his son defending him all these years. He said, “He never asked Dad is this true. He trusted me.”
- I did the Hollywood sign hike Saturday morning. The parking was insanity and the hike was okay but not incredible. Would not recommend it again purely because of the parking situation.
- Saw a guy and his girlfriend dressed up as a baby (complete with bib and hat) and a gypsy respectively at breakfast at a restaurant on Sunset.
- Went to the Griffith Observatory to play the part of an LA tourist for a while. Forgot how many actual tourists there are in LA. We only stayed for about an hour.
- My friend and I had a Jennifer Lawrence (aka JLaw) party since she hosted SNL this weekend. Let me tell you, I LOVE JLAW with every fiber of my being but I was severely underwhelmed by her SNL performance. The skits they gave her were so boring (minus the one where she raps, that was hilarious). I think they underestimated how funny and awkward she actually is.
- Sorry to be a dream crusher for those of you who enjoy 2 Buck Chuck from Trader Joes but I have news for you. It is now $2.50 for a bottle. I am so sorry for your loss.
I only have 3 more days of free Netflix so my goal is to watch the entire Parks and Rec series in the next 3 days as well as 30 Rock if I have time.
I have made a realization and have decided on a new life path to follow. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are my new role modes. For everything. It’s as simple as that.