Okay. I think I have finally recovered enough to talk about Beyonce’s halftime show. On Sunday when it aired I was in hysterics screaming FLAWLESS every five seconds. Later that night I rewatched the performance another 2 times. Then Monday I tried to get a grip but watched the performance another 7 times.
Actually let’s be honest I’m still not over it. I MEAN COME ON SHE’S THE QUEEN AND SHE HAS FINALLY RETURNED. I’m going to try to somewhat (but not really) contain myself and do a live word vomit breakdown of her performance because it was that incredible. It’s kind of long but I regret nothing.
- She kicks it off with a giant light cutout of herself. SASHA FIERCE IS IN THE ARENA.
- Then she starts with
Countdown(edit: it’s actually Love On Top. I was freaking out so much I didn’t even notice I typed it wrong) and her vocals are FLAWLESS.
- We have the infamous Queen Bey strut and BOOM CRAZY IN LOVE (my all time fave.)
- HAIR FLIP. FLAWLESS.
- Every woman will now take yoga to be able to kick like that. Bless you Beyonce.
bitchesbackup dancers have arrived.
- I would have given my first born for that jacket she threw into the crowd.
- THOSE LACE SHORTS ARE MY EVERYTHING.
- That guitar. I mean can you be anymore badass. The guitar player is like “only for you my Queen.”
- OH MY GOD THE FINGER LICK. EVERYONE IS DECEASED.
- Mental note: I really need to work on my hair flip.
- “Let’s work” said Beyonce on the 8th day of creation. As so it was. And so it shall be.
- OH MY GOD TILL THE END OF TIME. YES QUEEN BEY.
- No one would ever let Bey go let’s be real.
- SO. MANY. BEYONCES. IS THIS REAL LIFE.
Baby BoyBeyonce you’ve been on my mind.
- The fact that she does all of these hair flips in heels should garner it’s own award. Someone make that happen. The trophy can be a golden weave.
- OH SHIT KELLY AND MICHELLE. CAN YOU HANDLE THIS.
- It’s my life dream for Beyonce to call out “SARAH, CAN YOU HANDLE THIS?”
- Their harmonies I am CRYING. SO BEAUTIFUL. THE TRIFECTA.
- INDEPENDENT WOMEN THROW YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR.
- Michelle looks slightly uncomfortable. As anyone would when trying to perform alongside the Queen.
- CHARLIE’S ANGELS REFERENCE I AM SO DONE.
- Single Ladies. THE QUEEN IN HER ELEMENT.
- I wonder how long it took Kelly and Michelle to learn the choreo for Single Ladies. (Actually Michelle probably fangirled when it originally came out let’s be honest.)
- GOD QUEEN BEY’S SOLO DANCING I CANNOT BREATHE. FLAWLESS. She doesn’t even need her backup she’s like “MOVE I GOT THIS.”
- Holy shit she’s totally solo for Halo. Shit is getting REAL.
- THOSE PEOPLE WHO GOT TO TOUCH THE QUEENS HAIR AND HOLD HER HAND YOU BETTER NEVER WASH. YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED.
- HER VOCALS. You get it Queen Bey. YOU GET IT AND SHOW THEM ALL.
- Literally crying at the vocals at this point. Actual tears I kid you not.
- “Thank you for this moment” no Queen Bey, thank you for returning and bestowing a new era upon us.
Final thoughts: 1) Someone should make a workout class based solely on this choreography. I’m convinced you would burn 2000 calories. 2) Everyone else needs to step the f*** down from the throne because the Queen is back. 3) Beyonce is everything.
Watch the full performance here.