I know I’m a little late on this, but in case you didn’t already know, yesterday was officially the first day of spring! Goodbye cold, goodbye clouds, goodbye weather that I cannot tan in, you are no longer wanted.
Being a born and raised Cali kid, I live for the sun and summertime. I’ve never been super lovey-dovey over spring, but I’ll gladly take it over the other two seasons who will not be named because they are cold and terrible. It also really affects my mood when it’s cold. To the point that I think if I ever had to move somewhere where it’s actually cold (god forbid) that I would need a sunlamp. You think I’m kidding but I’ve actually looked into it. It’s a real thing.
Here is a list of things I’m looking forward to in the next few months with our springy season upon us.
- We’re 3 months closer to summer.
- The sun will start warming us up and browning our pale bodies.
- I get to start wearing my rainbows on a more regular basis and not get weird stares.
- The Northface is going back into the closet. Goodbye friend.
- All of the flowers are starting to bloom! I’m such a sucker for pretty flowers.
- I finally get to use a good portion of my wardrobe again. I’ve never really had “winter” clothes since the winter season doesn’t last very long here. Most of my clothes are for summer and have been in hibernation. UNTIL NOW.
- You can now eat a popsicle without turning into one while eating it.
- BEACH. BEACH. BEACH. BEACH. BEACH.
- For some reason, sangria tastes infinitely better in hot weather. I’m very much looking forward to that.
- Shorts, white tee, rainbows and a baseball hat will probably become my new norm for a weekend outfit. And I am so excited about that.
- And last but not least, I won’t get out of the shower in the morning and feel like I just stepped into an ice box. It’s seriously the worst.
Happy Spring everyone!!! If you need me on a weekend, try the beach. I’m determined to get rid of my paleness as soon as possible.