The 27th falls on a Saturday this month so I’ve decided to do my TwentySeven Things for April a day early.
- I went through quite a few big changes in the past month but I think I’m finally in a good place. A place I would like to stay for a while. Which doesn’t usually happen. Ever. But I think it’s going to be good for me.
- I dropped my iPhone 4 in the toilet. I now finally have an iPhone 5.
- I discovered I have a
slightobsession with Kimberly Perry from The Band Perry.
- I bought the At Bat app for iPhone so I can listen to Kruk and Kuip broadcast the Giants game. Nothing beats KNBR on game day.
- Two of my best friends came to Hollister with me to celebrate Easter. It was the greatest.
- I saw the guy who played Steve the Pirate in Dodgeball at Aroma Cafe in Studio City. It was single handedly one of my greatest celebrity sightings to date.
- Baseball is back. Giants had their opening day. I am a happy girl.
- I danced outside of a karaoke bar at 2am to Cry Me A River. I regret nothing.
- I realized I’m getting older when I choose Crate and Barrel over Nordstrom at The Grove.
- I celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day. It was awesome.
- I’m attempting to learn piano again. My way of re-training myself? Lots of cut up post it notes (see photo below).
- I made a quick trip one weekend to see a friend. Time spent with loved ones is never wasted.
- I bought a new vinyl. Amy Winehouse’s “Back to Black” album is now in heavy rotation.
- I almost off a fire alarm in a very large entertainment building on Wilshire Blvd.
- The second half of #14 is that my hair reeked of burnt rubber for the rest of the day. Not my greatest moment.
- My tax refund came in. A new pair of wedges is also now magically in my closet. You do the math.
- I got a haircut. And bangs.
- I bought a new teapot. I’m in love with it. IT’S STAINLESS STEAL DON’T MESS WITH ME.
- I’ve started running again. It’s a wonder what endorphins can do for you.
- My obsession with Honey Nut Cheerios is back and in full force.
- I found out someone put one of my Esty mugs on Wanelo. It’s been repinned almost 2000 times.
- My cap and gown came in the mail. Graduation countdown is at less than a month.
- I’m slowly putting together a plan for my 22nd birthday. I think 22 is going to be a good year for me.
- I made flower headbands to cope with not attending Coachella this year.
- I scored a brand new pair of Sam Edelman booties for 75% off at Nordstrom Rack. Bless.
- I’m slowly settling into a new routine during the weekdays. I can’t tell if it’s terrifying me because it makes me feel like an adult or if I’m enjoying it.
- A lot of my friends are leaving (or have left) Southern California. I guess it’s just that time in life where people are making drastic life changes. This makes me excruciatingly sad but I know they’re only leaving because it will be good for them, it’s what they need at this point in their life. As much as it hurts me to see them leave I am so happy and proud of them and the decisions they’ve made with their 20-something lives. You know who you are. I love you all. A lot.