I love Obama. I think he’s rad and doing a decent job at running the our great nation, Amuuurica. He’s funny and occasionally does really awesome things like this. Does your nation’s leader casually roll into a meeting on a skateboard? Not everyone can pull that off with such grace and poise and swag.
This past weekend was the White House Correspondents dinner aka the time when Obama gets to show off his comedic talents. His speech last year was pretty good so I had high expectations going into 2013. Mr. Prez did not disappoint. Here’s a short recap of my fave Obama moments.
- Obama opens his speech by walking up to the podium to “All I Do Is Win.” Hilarious and so relevant. Then he goes, “how do you like my new entrance music?”
- Pan to Michelle. Her bangs look bangin’. Werk it out girl.
- Obama slams basically every news network that is currently on the air. Expected.
- I’m pretty sure Obama started a rap battle with Jay-Z when he references Jay and Queen B’s recent escapade to Cuba saying, “I’ve got 99 problems but now Jay-Z is one.”
- He shouts out to Buzzfeed. All of the 20-somethings bow their heads in respect of our modern day version of the Bible.
- He compares the Republicans to Taylor Swift saying, “Republicans fell in love with this thing, and now they can’t stop talking about how much they hate it. It’s like we’re trapped in a Taylor Swift album.” I love Taylor but seriously couldn’t stop laughing at that one.
- There is a Spielberg bit where Obama is pretending to be Daniel Day Lewis pretending to be Obama. It’s alright. Not hilarious but not horrendous.
- Prez ends the speech with a heartwarming few minutes talking about Boston and the other tragedies that have struck the country over the past few weeks.
Watch Mr. Prez in all of his greatness. And get a good look at Michelle’s bangs in high def. They’re fabulous.