Technically today is only the 26th but tomorrow is the weekend so today you get my TwentySeven Things for July.
- I fell in love with this song.
- I flew to New York, visited my best friend over 4th of July weekend, had the time of my life. See all my pictures here.
- Experienced Coyote Ugly for the first time while in NY. Piper did not show up and sing Can’t Fight The Moonlight. To say I was upset was an understatement.
- Went to a rooftop party in Brooklyn to watch fireworks. Never felt more like a hipster in my entire life.
- Fell in love with The Met and MOMA.
- I experienced Free Slurpee Day and it was amazing.
- I bought a new pair of Keds. And a new pair of Toms. Because only buying one pair is not a thing I can do.
- I saw Despicable Me 2. It was adorable. BEE DO BEE DO BEEEEE DOOOOO.
- I was stuck on Candy Crush level 33 for a solid 8 days. THEN I FINALLY BEAT IT AND MY LIFE HAD MEANING AGAIN.
- I got a little ambitious with my smoothies earlier this month. I made one with only spinach, carrots, ginger, almonds and almond milk. Turns out too much ginger is very much a bad thing. Also too many carrots should not be put in a smoothie. I could only stomach drinking 1/4 of it.
- Since I have no shame about my love of One Direction, I can admit that I pulled over before going into work a few weeks ago just to listen to Harry Styles talk to Ryan Seacrest on KIIS FM.
- Speaking of my favorite boy band, they released a new music video for Best Song Ever. I’ve watched it way too many times and plan on learning the entire dance number at the end. Never in my life have I been more jealous than Zayn Malik then when he dances with Harry. Zayn is also a very pretty woman.
- I hung up twinkle lights in my living room. It has been a very good thing.
- I did power yoga for the first time ever yesterday. I woke up this morning feeling like I couldn’t move.
- The Royal Baby has been born! I volunteer to be a nanny if you need one Kate. Or the Town Crier. Either one would be fine.
- My roommate brought home 9 Sprinkles cupcakes the other night. NINE.
- I’m now addicted to Scandal. This weekend I plan on binge watching a few more episodes.
- John Mayer came out with a new song called Wildfire. Sarah likeyyyy. Sounds like the perfect combo of 2006 catchy Mayer and 2013 jazzy Mayer.
- I had a lovely little life moment the other day regarding Perspective.
- It was my mama’s birthday on the 4th of July. Read about how awesome she is and how much I love her here.
- I spent a long weekend condo/dog sitting in Santa Monica. The condo is right on the beach on Ocean Ave. It’s such a tough life I lead sometimes, I know.
- While in Santa Monica, I stopped by the Farmers Market on Main with friends. It was magic and beautiful and the fruit and veggies I got were so good.
- This past week, strawberries at Ralphs were only 88 cents. So in total I’ve bought about 8 boxes. I’ve been living off of strawberries the past 7 days and I’m not mad about it at all.
- I raided Barnes and Noble a few weeks back and bought 6 new books. I’m trying this new thing where I don’t let myself burn through a book a night. It’s been very nice to sit with a novel for a few weeks, read it slowly and just enjoy it.
- I attempted splatter paint nails before my 4th of July weekend. The end result was amazing, they looked great. But just prior to looking great my hands were covered in red and blue nail polish and I looked like a serial killer.
- I’m going to go back to talking about Power Yoga again because as I’m writing this I’m attempting to stretch and my body aches literally everywhere. That shit kicked my ass.
- This hasn’t happened yet, but on Sunday I will be going to the Rose Bowl to see Justin Timberlake and Jay Z. I’m going to be fan-girling all over the place.
Bonus: Here are two pretty pictures I recently found through Pinterest that I really loved. Have a great weekend.