I know this is one day late but I had to write about my parents anniversary yesterday because duh, 30 YEARS IS A BIG DEAL.
So here we go. TwentySeven Things for August 2013. How is it almost September already?
PS I now realize the first eight bullet points revolve around music. This was a very good month.
- I saw my #1 girl Taylor Swift rock the house at Staples Center. It was incredible. From Fearless to Feeling 22. (I superfanned at the show. Just a little.)
- I also saw my favorite boy band of the moment, ONE DIRECTION at Staples. I had the most fun I’ve had in months dancing like an idiot with a bunch of 12 year olds.
- Speaking of boy bands, NSYNC (MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOY BAND) reunited at the VMAs this month, I think my heart stopped beating for a hot second.
- I saw Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z slay the Rose Bowl. It was life changing.
- I saw Backstreet Boys at The Grove and they sang Backstreet’s Back and As Long As You Love Me. Promptly following, every 20 or 30-something in the audience swooned uncontrollably. (If you were wondering, Nick Carter is still fine as hell.)
- This new Ellie Goulding record is still my jam.
- And the new Katy Perry is my run song because it makes me feel like a badass on the treadmill. ROOOOOOOOAR.
- But best of all, a new John Mayer album has been released. My heart has been soaring. Thank you John for coming back to me.
- My cousin got married. It was beautiful and Pinterest would be jealous.
- On the plane home to the wedding, my hairspray exploded. Apparently everyone in the world knows you can’t take aerosol on a plane except for me.
- My parents had their 30th wedding anniversary. That’s pretty incredible.
- Rewatched First Wives Club with one of my best friends. Decided I need a white power suit and red briefcase.
- I ordered a new planner from Etsy and it’s helping me get my life together. That’s what I keep telling myself.
- I think TJ Maxx and Marshalls hate me for the amount of things I’ve bought and returned there in the past month. It’s a little extreme.
- I painted for the first time in months. It felt liberating.
- Juan Pablo is the new Bachelor. I considered signing up just so I could see him in the flesh.
- I discovered the Cocoa Almond spread from Trader Joes. If you haven’t eaten it yet, it is life changing. Dare I say it, better than Nutella.
- I ate at Real Food Daily for the first time. It’s a gluten free, vegan restaurant and was surprisingly delicious. The chocolate cake was the greatest cake I’ve ever eaten. Seriously, ever.
- I bought my parentals some flowers from South America through this amazing website.
- Ashton Kutcher revealed that his real name is Chris. The whole world has been Punk’d.
- I lived the SaMo lifestyle for almost 2 weeks of this month. I love Santa Monica but I can’t tell you how excited I am to go back to my own apartment.
- I found these new black booties from Nordstrom Rack and when I wear them I feel like a rockstar. So I wear them a lot.
- The September issues of the fashion magazines are out. They added a solid 8 pounds to my suitcase when I flew back to LA.
- I had a first at the Burbank airport; I had a glass of wine before my flight. I highly recommend it because it makes everyone on the plane much more tolerable.
- I finished reading Beautiful Ruins. It was amazing. Go read it.
- I bought those adorable little bow clips for my hair off of Etsy. So now I can be adorable and try to look like Bridget Bardot with my bangs.
- Summer is nearly over. For the last long weekend (and last Amurica holiday for a while) I’m headed off to Big Bear with friends this weekend. Lake, drinks, burgers. How much more American can you get?