This past weekend, I lived the ultimate LA weekend. Almost anything you could possibly associate as an LA thing, I did. Please see below for a play-by-play. I’ll try not to sound too much like a douche bag.
- Taco night in Brentwood with friends on Friday night. Complete with a dozen Sprinkles cupcakes.
- Saturday morning power yoga session on 2nd Street in Santa Monica.
- Vegan, gluten free lunch after the above yoga session at Real Food Daily on 6th and Santa Monica Blvd.
- Haircut on Robertson Blvd in Beverly Hills. (That only cost $33. Which is UNHEARD OF in Beverly Hills. I’m a coupon wizard.)
- Dinner in Westwood at a Mexican restaurant followed by some light shopping at Urban Outfitters. (I found the greatest military jacket that I’ve been on the hunt for, for going on 7 months.)
- Night out with friends on Saturday night in Brentwood.
- Farmers Market in Studio City on Sunday morning complete with a celebrity sighting. Gavin Rossdale and his children are very good looking.
- Beach day on Sunday afternoon at Manhattan Beach. With a salted carmel ice cream from Manhattan Beach Creamery that was truly life changing.
- Day party with friends in Pasadena. Lots of flower crowns and hipster music were involved.
And that was my weekend. Reading that back I totally sound like a pretentious LA douche bag. But I’m not sorry about any of it because I had the best weekend spending quality time with friends who I very dearly love. I’m not ready to come out of the land of flower children and hipster music just yet so Monday, please hold off for a little longer.