I can’t believe September is already over. The end of summer flew by and now we’re onto autumn. Which I don’t think I’m very prepared for considering I don’t really own clothes for any season other than spring and summer.
Last month, many of my TwentySeven things were about going to shows. Going back and reflecting on this month, many of my projects or outings were art related. I was very much the little artsy child this month. Here are my TwentySeven Things for September.
- I took it upon myself to try to watch all of Breaking Bad before the series finale this upcoming Sunday. I think I still might be able to do it, but at the cost of my brain exploding and my anxiety hitting an all time high. So it’s sad to say, but I will not be catching up in time for the series finale that I’m sure will be causing the Internet to shatter on Sunday night.
- I took a trip to Big Bear over Labor Day weekend with friends. It was a good time for all.
- Baked snap peas have taken over my life.
- I recently re-watched She’s All That. It’s still as amazing as it was in the 90s, maybe even more so in the 2010s.
- I was at Chipotle a few weeks ago when Scotty McCreery, former American Idol winner, walked in. I wanted to go up to him and ask him to sing his winner’s song, “I Love You This Big” to his burrito but I doubt he would have gone for that.
- I started up a relationship with Red Vines. I feel like this is the start of something very good.
- What Does The Fox Say had briefly taken over the Internet. But those guys accomplished one of my life goals, getting on The Ellen Show.
- I danced like a flower child to hipster music in Pasadena a few weekends ago with my friends. It was one of the best Sundays I’ve ever had.
- Really loving the new Keith Urban/Miranda Lambert song. It reminds me of home.
- Also obsessed with this song by The 1975.
- I just recently discovered that you can put a song as your alarm tone on the iPhone. It’s been a game changer.
- I’m obsessed with the new iOS 7. It makes me feel like we’re moving toward being more like Meet The Robinsons.
- I talked about what happens when you break into little tiny pieces.
- I took the Myers Briggs personality test again. I always get the same result – I am an INFP. Which basically means I’m an introverted little creative child and my imagination runs wild all the time but instead of expressing that willingly, I usually keep it all in.
- I got to see my boys play the Dodgers a few weeks ago. Nothing makes me feel more at home than a hot dog, garlic fries and Giants baseball.
- I had the best macaroons from the bakery inside of Gelsons. So good that I might go buy another round of them this weekend.
- I read a letter I had written to myself exactly one year ago.
- This song is still regularly on repeat.
- Christine McVie recently rejoined Fleetwood Mac to sing her smash “Don’t Stop.” I definitely teared up while watching the video online. Seeing legends like that reunite in full is something very special.
- Trader Joes does not currently have their cocoa almond spread. This was a huge disappointment to me, their number one customer for the product.
- I’ve been very, very artsy this month. I made a chalkboard picture frame turned message board, 3 paintings, coasters for my apartment, washi tape clothespins, and cards for my little mug business.
- Printstagram came into my life.
- Cap’n Crunch came into my office and gave everyone free cereal.
- I wanted one of the Phillip Lim bags at Target so bad I even had my mom check at the Target back home for one. But guess what? In a surprise twist that everyone saw coming, IT SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE. Sad shopping Sarah was down and out for about for about a week after this terrible loss.
- Fall TV came back this month! Including: New Girl, The Mindy Project, Modern Family, Nashville, Scandal (next week) and GREY’S ANATOMY which was last night. Shonda already killed off one of the characters and I should know better by now but I still wasn’t emotionally ready to let go of one this early in the season.
- I found the perfect military jacket that I’ve been on the hunt for, for going on 7 months. The first week after I bought it I wore it every day. Now I’m down to wearing it every two or three days.
- This weekend I’m off to Temecula to spend some time with my aunt and baby cousins. I can’t wait to build lego castles and play with bulldozers.
Happy Friday to all.