Happy 28th of October. I’m a day late because of the weekend, but here are my TwentySeven Things for October 2013.
- I am now an official black tag member at Core Power Yoga and it is my current obsession. (cough Tunnel Vision cough.)
- The Dodgers didn’t make it to the World Series. I was so happy I almost cried. Literally ANYONE could win the World Series as long as it’s not the Dodgers.
- I made quite a few terrible jokes via Twitter. See here and here.
- I bought 72 mugs from the dollar store. All at one time. They had to give me a dolly to wheel the boxes out to my car.
- I finally figured out a way to watch season 4 of Downton Abbey even though right now it’s only playing in the UK. I would tell you how, but then I would have to admit to some things I don’t want to admit to.
- Katy Perry’s new album Prism has hit iTunes. I still haven’t stopped jamming to “Birthday.”
- I saw John Mayer at the Hollywood Bowl and fell in love with him all over again.
- I always seem to do this, but I will somehow forget how shitty plain oatmeal is and try to eat it without adding any brown sugar or honey. Huge mistake.
- My Dad celebrated his birthday this month. I sent him a candle that smells like freshly mowed grass on a baseball field.
- Little Mix released a new music video. I’m still trying to figure out how I can dance like all of them.
- One Direction released a new single called Story of My Life. It’s a much more mature sound than their previous singles. I’m hoping this now makes it more socially acceptable for me to love them unconditionally.
- I spent a weekend hanging out with my baby cousins in Temecula and it reminded me just how nice it is to spend time with family. Also how nice it is to play with dinosaurs and monster trucks.
- Banana Republic Factory Store is a very dangerous place to find yourself alone on a Saturday afternoon.
- I ordered this cute little calendar for my desk at work.
- Josh Peck from Drake & Josh fame on Nickelodeon was in my yoga class this month.
- One of my favorite past times is playing the little games that Google will have on their home page from time to time. This month, they had a parachute man and a piñata. I played both for an embarrassing amount of time while sitting at work.
- I celebrated a friends birthday at Pizzeria Mozza off of Melrose and it was delicioussssss.
- I finally made it over to the Rose Bowl flea market this month and binged on a few new vinyls.
- I went to the Katy Perry & Friends “We Can Survive” benefit concert at the Hollywood Bowl. She was joined by a powerhouse lineup of wonderful ladies including Ellie Goulding, Sara Bareilles, Tegan & Sara, Kacey Musgraves and Bonnie McKee.
- I sent flowers to my Mama, Auntie and Grandma for breast cancer awareness month. You can buy the same flowers and simultaneously donate to City of Hope here.
- Earlier this month, I was craving a grilled cheese and tomato soup so bad that I had it for lunch two days in a row. I regret nothing.
- I finished the book called Little Bee about a week ago and loved it. Highly recommended.
- At 7am on Saturday morning while sitting in a Starbucks waiting for my car to be worked on, I went online and bought a silk robe. Just because I wanted to.
- I’ve had quite a few necessary car improvements happen this month. This lead to many hours being spent in various Starbucks’ throughout Los Angeles.
- While having wine with a friend one Friday this month, I was approached by a random girl at the wine spot and told I look like Lea Michele. Must be the bangs
- I celebrated my One Year Blogaversary this month.
- You know those book series you start reading in middle school and they have about 6 or 7 books in total but by the time the 6th or 7th one actually comes out you are now 22 years old? I have a few of those series and the last book in this one particular series just recently was published so naturally I have to figure out how it ends right? But I don’t want to actually buy the book because it’s kind of mortifying for a young woman like myself to buy a 12-year-old book at Barnes and Noble in plain daylight. So my solution? Camp out inside Barnes and Noble and read the book in one sitting. Which I did on Saturday afternoon. I have so much closure now knowing how my beloved embarrassing series ends.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the past month. Enjoy.