Today is my last day of work before I get to go back to the homeland and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve been counting down since Thanksgiving and tomorrow morning can’t come soon enough. I will wake up early, load my car down with the laundry that hasn’t been done in 3 and a half weeks, get my Starbucks chai latte and hit the road. My tasks tonight involve packing the rest of my things such as painting supplies, gifts for my family, making 3 to 4 amazing new mixed CDs (so 2000s of me I know) and the finding the multitude of charging chords for my electronics.
Here are a few things I’m looking forward to doing when I’m home.
- Making tamales with my mama.
- Buying an obscene amount of pay-per-view movies with my brother.
- Snuggling with my cat on the couch with a cup of tea.
- Taking early morning walks with my dad.
- Wrapping all the gifts I bought (and the gifts I didn’t buy because my dad sucks at wrapping presents so he locks me in a room until I wrap all of his for him.)
- Watching Love Actually
one, three, seven, eighteen times.
- Opening presents on Christmas morning and seeing the pictures that come out of it. We all tend to look like hell but the pictures are even more amazing for that exact reason.
- Singing so loudly throughout the house that my brother finally screams at me to shut up. Or he’ll just punch me in the arm.
- Going up to San Fran at least once. Maybe getting some shopping done along the way.
- Going to the movies on Christmas Day (a family tradition.) I think this year we’re going to end up seeing Anchorman 2. RON BURGUNDY IS BACK.
- Just being home. I’m so excited just to be home and be a bum and wear no make up and be gross and hang out with my family. Because they have to love me no matter what.