I’m very very very excited for 2014. Fresh starts always make me feel anxious and excited and full of adrenaline – the best kind of drug. This is the first year where I don’t have anything solid planned. Without school as the main identity in my life, I’m roaming free like a little bird, letting the wind take me where it may. I’m looking forward to seeing which direction I’ll be headed this year.
As I said last year, I hate New Years resolutions. It’s better to make a list of wishes rather than things you’re never going to follow through on. This year was a transition year for me in more ways than one so I think it’s only fitting that my 2014 list continues to help me in that transition.
Dear 2014 Sarah, here is a list of wishes from 2013 Sarah. Have an amazing year. And if you’re ever having a bad day, put on some Fleetwood Mac vinyl and dig a bottle out of the secret wine stash.
- Get on a plane and fly out of the country.
- Paint more.
- Expand your vinyl collection. Flea markets galore.
- Learn to play guitar. And maybe even piano too.
- Keep doing yoga. It’s the best thing you’ve done for your health this year.
- Continue on your transitional journey, you know the one we’re talking about. I feel like we’re in the home stretch here and every thing is going to continue to get better and better.
- Go to a winery and take a tour. Maybe rent a party bus and take everyone you know.
- Go to more concerts, even if you’re broke. Dance like your life depends on it.
- Take a vacation, even if it’s just a two hour drive away for a weekend trip.
- Keep being impulsive. Even if it gets you in trouble sometimes, keep trusting your gut.
- BONUS: My biggest wish for 2014 Sarah is to be more confident about expressing feelings whether it be in writing, talking, frolicking, anything. Know you as a person are enough in everything you do.