I’ve been staring at this post screen for going on 42 minutes. I finally forced myself to close out all the tabs I had open that I was using to purposely distract myself from writing this. I think I’m a little scared to be writing on this again? I guess in the realm of the “scared” emotion it’s closer to nervous.
Hi blog baby, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here. How are you? How’s your summer been? Are you drinking your green smoothies and soaking up some UV rays on the beach? And now I’m opening talking to oblivion through a computer screen. Looks like it wasn’t that hard for me to come back after all.
We are 21 days into August which means we are close to summer coming to an abrupt end. But that’s why I love living in California, specifically Southern California. Down here it can feel like summer never ends. The weather stays in the mid 70s even in autumn. We get a few days where it dips into the 50s MAYBE and those are the days where the entire city breaks out their scarves and cute mittens they bought at Nordstrom months before and have been waiting to wear.
Back to the discussion at hand, summer is almost over. More specifically the project I’ve been working on for the past 6 months has ended. The deadline I gave myself in February has finally come and gone and I am wrapping up the very last few loose ends. I don’t want to say too much about it because it was very personal and soul searching for me, but I’m comfortable saying that it was a self imposed writing project. I, with the help of a few very amazing and encouraging (cough pushy in a good way cough) friends helped me build out the plan in February and it has finally run it’s course. Even if I end up doing nothing with the outcome of the project, I couldn’t be more proud of myself for actually seeing it through to the end.
I, SAS, finished a 6 month writing project.
Man that feels so good to say. MAN, I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN…DUN DUN. (If you don’t get my Shania reference please see yourself out the door immediately and I mean immediately.)
So remember a few months ago when I made my announcement about focusing my energies on something else? That was this project that I’m talkin ’bout. And now that I am officially done with said project, I may be back here a little bit more. This blog is one of those things that I leave for a while, then remember, then get scared to come back to, then come back and can’t remember why I ever left in the first place. It’s like a really wonderful old friend or a really really good flavor of ice cream you forgot about, rediscover on a dreary day and never want to stop eating. I just compared a wonderful friend to ice cream and I’m not even sorry that that is the way my brain is wired.
A have compiled a few other happenings going on in my life in a list below (because I love a good list). They are in no specific order and are being written as I remember them in real time so please enjoy my stream of consciousness.
- I fulfilled a booming impulse I’ve had for about 6 months now and dyed my hair purple. I HAVE PURPLE HAIR AND IT’S REALLY GREAT AND MAKES ME FEEL BRAVE ALL THE TIME (which is something I really need if you’ve ever read this blog).
- I rediscovered my love for the ban.do brand in the past month or so and have gone a little overboard by buying all the lovely products I missed while I forgot about our love affair (i.e. planner, post it notes, koozies, notebooks, basically anything and everything adorable that is available to purchase).
- I started reading quite a bit again. I am currently in the middle of a novel called The Vacationers. It’s very light and fun and just what I need in the middle of the work day.
- Speaking of books, I may or may not have burned through an entire YA dystopian series (that I will not name because it’s kind of embarrassing) in about a week and then promptly returned all three books in the trilogy to the bookstore in an attempt to save money. I really wanted to read the books but didn’t want to keep them and that’s a logical solution right? I may or may not have told the cashier that my mom and I bought the same books as gifts for my younger sister (insert awkward laugh). My younger sister that does not exist and was made up by me in a moment of panic. May or may not have done that.
- I am now a devout Lushie. 90% of my face and hair products are now Lush Cosmetics. I will have to do a huge post on them sometime soon because I am IN LOVE. Everything I bought from them has been fantastic and completely changed my face and hair. I cannot say enough good things about the brand.
Those are some pretty surface-y things that have been going on in my life and in my brain the past few weeks. Last but not least, here are some snaps from my summer. I’ll be back sooner rather than later this time blog baby. I missed chatting with you. Let’s never go that long without speaking again.