TGIF, CAN I GET AN AMEN.
I love long weekends and even better yet, I love our great country America. Or as I also lovingly refer to it, AMUUURICA.
In my mind, Memorial Day Weekend officially kicks off summer. Time for beach, cut off shorts, tank tops, and my favorite drink of all time SANGRIA.
In honor of Memorial Day I wanted to be serious for a moment and take this little piece of Internet space to say thank you to all of the soldiers who protect us each and every day. Truely, thank you.
Secondly I would like to make a list. Because you all know how much I love lists. This list is all of the reasons why I love AMUUURICA and why we’re the best.
- Freedom. Duh.
- Even if we’re not the best, we’re still the best. This is law.
- We win every thing. i.e. Olympics.
- We have a shit ton of space. WIDE OPEN SPAAAAACES.
- We’re the damn home of the brave.
- We have baseball, apple pie and tailgating. 3 the past times.
- Country music and all of the hell raisin’ that comes with it.
- Nothing beats a beer and a hotdog or hamburger on a summer night. Nothing.
- California is where everyone wants to be. And if they say they don’t they’re lying because let’s be real, we’re CALIFORNIA.
- We’re have this song.
Have fun this weekend all my fellow Amuuuricans because it’s a PARTY IN THE USA.
If you haven’t heard, someone out there is trying to get the national anthem changed to R. Kelly’s 2003 hit “Ignition (Remix).” Can you imagine this playing before a sporting event? Or every time we win gold at the 2016 Olympics? Incredible.
While I think it’s a solid song, I think there are many more choices that would better serve our country.
- Run The World – Beyonce
- Because who run the world? AMUUURICA.
- American Saturday Night – Brad Paisley
- Because it’s just another American Saturday night y’all.
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Because you should never stop believing and I’m pretty sure it’s the #1 karaoke song nationwide.
- Express Yourself – Madonna
- Because we’re the country that encourages you the express yourself, no matter how weird you are.
- Black or White – Michael Jackson
- Because if you’re thinking about my baby it don’t matter if you’re black or white. Equality people. Everyone should love everyone.
- Born In The USA – Bruce “The Boss” Springsteen
- Because I was born in the USA. Duh.
- American Girl – Tom Petty
- Because we were raised on promises and we couldn’t help thinking that there was a little more to life somewhere else. That’s why everyone immigrated to America in the first place.
- I Want You To Want Me – Cheap Trick
- Because in America, we all want each other to want each other. That’s how we make money.
- Surfin USA – The Beach Boys
- Because everybody’s gone surfin, surfin USA. East coast, west coast, whatever we’re still the shit.
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Because you’re talking bout my girl. Everyone talks about everyone in this country.
- Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Because in America, you can go your own way. It’s encouraged actually.
- Party In The USA – Miley Cyrus
- YEAH YEAH YEAH BECAUSE IT’S A PARTY IN THE USA ALL THE TIME.