The past four days I’ve had my brother with me here in LA. We did the Griffith Observatory, The Getty, The Getty Villa, Warner Bros Studio tour, and countless movies (our usual). We had so much fun just hanging out and being grandmas and stuffing our faces with delicious food that the extended weekend felt like four minutes rather than four days.
Having my brother here felt so normal and comfortable. I can always be myself around him no matter how weird or stupid or obnoxious and he will always love me (or lurve me as we say). I can’t wait for him to come back and visit again – here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip.
PS – That is the real Harry Potter sorting hat on the Warner Bros tour. I got Gryffindor (YESSSSS) and Brother got Slytherin.
PPS – Yes that is the actual real Central Perk couch from Friends. I was totally freaking out when we sat on it and fangirled completely.
PPPS – Irrelevant to the photos, but we went and saw the Lego Movie and it was one of the best animated movies I’ve ever seen. It was hilarious, not only for kids but for adults too. And the Everything is Awesome song has been stuck in my head for going on 5 days now.
Hollywood Sign from Griffith
My new dancing partner
Taking over Universal Studios
The Getty Villa
The actual costumes from Deathly Hallows Pt 2. I’m freaking out behind the camera.
Harry’s Hogwarts letters.
Central Perk. Also me humming “I’ll be there for you” under my breath.
It’s been a steady 75-80 degrees in lovely Los Angeles this weekend and I couldn’t be happier that our little cold front is no more. I truly am one of those people who’s mood is affected by weather. If I ever have to move outside of California, the first thing I will buy is a sunlamp. You think I’m kidding/being dramatic but I’m actually completely serious.
Quick list of things I accomplished this weekend:
- Massacred a can of chili with a knife because I couldn’t open it with a can opener. I have a lot of problems with can openers.
- Hiked Runyon Canyon and wanted to steal all the dogs. Then I almost had an anxiety attack while climbing on a trail that probably wasn’t a trail. But when I got to the top I saw a man with crutches and I thought how embarrassing it was that he could do that and I almost had an anxiety attack.
- Watched Lance Armstrong’s Oprah interview. I could say a lot about this but I’m not going to. All I will say is that he just shattered millions of people’s belief in him and I don’t think he’ll ever get it back. The most heart shattering part of the interview was when he was talking about his son defending him all these years. He said, “He never asked Dad is this true. He trusted me.”
- I did the Hollywood sign hike Saturday morning. The parking was insanity and the hike was okay but not incredible. Would not recommend it again purely because of the parking situation.
- Saw a guy and his girlfriend dressed up as a baby (complete with bib and hat) and a gypsy respectively at breakfast at a restaurant on Sunset.
- Went to the Griffith Observatory to play the part of an LA tourist for a while. Forgot how many actual tourists there are in LA. We only stayed for about an hour.
- My friend and I had a Jennifer Lawrence (aka JLaw) party since she hosted SNL this weekend. Let me tell you, I LOVE JLAW with every fiber of my being but I was severely underwhelmed by her SNL performance. The skits they gave her were so boring (minus the one where she raps, that was hilarious). I think they underestimated how funny and awkward she actually is.
- Sorry to be a dream crusher for those of you who enjoy 2 Buck Chuck from Trader Joes but I have news for you. It is now $2.50 for a bottle. I am so sorry for your loss.
I only have 3 more days of free Netflix so my goal is to watch the entire Parks and Rec series in the next 3 days as well as 30 Rock if I have time.
I have made a realization and have decided on a new life path to follow. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are my new role modes. For everything. It’s as simple as that.