That title is disgusting but I am sitting here chuckling to myself thinking I am the most clever girl on the planet so I am leaving it and no one can make me change my mind.
I wanted to do a little update on here since I’ve been missing my daily word vomit and I needed a little break from the chaos of holiday season. I currently have eighteen mugs baking in my oven for Etsy orders (just call me Santa) and have Melody Gardot playing through the speakers. I have also just finished a hair mask, face mask and taken the most glorious bath with two Lush products (including this one) so pampering is at an all time high.
These past few weeks have been a flurry of activity. Holiday season is my favorite time of the year with all the sweets and love and gift giving (my FAVORITE thing) so I have been in quite the tizzy (I also like to pretend I’m British around the holidays – probably a side effect of too much Love Actually.) I am in the midst of finding the perfect gifts for friends and family so you can bet my Google Doc is in full force with links and prices and shipping deadlines. I take this very seriously, it’s kind of like my own personal Olympics.
The week of Thanksgiving was probably one of the best weeks of my life. Enter the list of incredible things that happened.
- I was able to go home and be with my family for seven days which is amazing in itself.
- I went to see Fleetwood Mac aka STEVIE GODDESS NICKS with my Dad and it was a moment in time I will never forget.
- My parents found not one, but TWO of their old Polaroid cameras from the 70s and 80s. (Enter kid in a candy store sound here.)
- Not only did I see Fleetwood Mac in Northern California – I flew back to LA on Saturday afternoon and saw them for a SECOND TIME IN ONE WEEK at The Forum. They were just as amazing and magical and wonderful as the first time.
- I now own two new Fleetwood Mac t-shirts and I will cherish them forever.
- Side effect of seeing my favorite band of all time twice in one week was being able to dress in full gypsy attire twice in one week and feel incredible and twirl as many times as my heart desired. Very Stevie inspired.
- FAMILY CHRISTMAS TREE WAS PROCURED. Thirteen in a half feet is the official tally.
So that was my Thanksgiving break. I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about my love for Fleetwood Mac and then I could also write an enormous spin-off series just on Stevie Nick’s beautiful shawls and twirling ability but I will save that chapter for the inspiration section in my autobiography that I will write in a few years.
To keep my little brain happy I am currently reading two books. The first is The Paris Wife and it is a fictional account of the love story that is Hadley and Ernest Hemingway. The second is a short book of poems titled Love and Misadventure that is quickly becoming one of my favorite books I’ve ever read. The way the author writes is so whimsical and charming that I find myself rereading the poems over and over again in the same sitting.
Until Christmas I will be doing fun things like making peppermint bark, making mugs, wrapping presents, making mugs, writing cards, making mugs, baking cookies, and did I mention making mugs? Because I do that at least four times a week.
I sign off with one of my favorite lines so far in The Paris Wife because it is so simple and so beautiful. Headed to Santa Monica to do some shopping the rest of the weekend. Happy Holidays and gift giving and love sharing to all.
“I’ll write to you, he mouthed. Or maybe it was I’ll write you.“
PS here are some recent snaps brought to you from my iPhone and Polaroid.