I love Oprah. Like a lot. Like a lot a lot. Fun fact, I cried during the last episode of her talk show a few years back. It was the middle of the afternoon, I was laying on the couch back home in my PJs. My mom and dad’s reactions were both appropriately, WTF SARAH.
I don’t know why I love her so much, I just always have. I am a dedicated watcher of Oprah’s Next Chapter on her OWN network (it’s incredible, highly recommend). I mean the woman has her own NETWORK how do you not like her. I basically take whatever Oprah says as law. Tina Fey gets me.
Without a doubt, my favorite Oprah thing has always been her Favorite Things list she puts out during the holiday season. I mean, Oprah is straight up telling you what the hot things to buy for your family and friends are. She is handing you the perfect gifts. So when the list came out on Tuesday morning, I kind of lost it for a second. I was so excited – my favorite time of the Oprah season was finally upon us.
Below is a link to big O’s favorite thing’s. Disclaimer: she is really into truffles this season and I will never understand why but big O LOVES her Uggs. Why she does, I can never understand, but she does. Without fail every year there is a pair of Uggs on there.
My favorites this year (which is hard to pick because Oprah knows all) are: Caddylicious Stationary Set, High Tea Nail Polishes, Purse Mirrors, Himalayan Salt Shot Glasses (apparently O is a tequila girl hell yes), Headbands and Modern House Red Wine.
I LOVE YOU OPRAH. I LOVE YOU.
It’s Christmas. You shouldn’t be online acting like a hermit, you should be spending time with family and friends. But if you are online and need a break from your dearest loved ones, here is a quick recap of the happenings at the Solis household.
- I painted the lyrics to “Dream On” on a canvas for one of my brother’s Christmas presents. Merry Christmas baby brother. Rock on.
- Mom and I made 4 dozen tamales in an hour and a half. Sorry we’re the shit.
- Mom keeps making sweets so Dad and I keep eating them. Then I feel sick from eating too much and have to nap. #roughlife
- I found out my father takes selfies sometimes to try and be hilarious.
- “I can’t eat too much cheese, I’ll get plugged up.”
- I braved the Gilroy outlets on the 23rd, the day it decided to pour down rain. So I looked like a wet rat walking through Best Buy and Kohls.
- The morning of Christmas Eve, my father and brother locked me in my room to do all of the wrapping because they suck at it.
- 2 sided wrapping paper is the greatest thing ever created.
- Glitter wrapping paper, while a good idea in theory, needs some work in the execution.
- I wrapped one of my brother’s Christmas presents
one, three, five, six times this year. I win the award for most hilarious sister.
- Instead of “F: S & J” on a gift tag standing for “From: Sarah & Jarod” it now means “Father, Son and Jesus.” So my parents got a lot of presents from Father, Son and Jesus.
- My brother picked out a cuff for my mom from Saks. According to my father, “that will make you a ladies man.”
- Mom popped some champagne for mimosas on Christmas morning. Then proceded to scream “SON OF A B****” as it exploded all over the kitchen.
- I FINALLY got the Santa hat on my beautiful cat Bella. LOOK HOW PRECIOUS SHE IS.
UPDATE: THE FIRST PRESENT I OPENED WAS SOCKS. THEY WERE FROM MY BROTHER. 10 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR. HE WINS ALL THE AWARDS FOR BEST BROTHER EVER.
UPDATE 2: I GOT A PRESENT FROM OPRAH
Pce & Blessingz to all, and to all a good night.