It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these but I got the urge to reflect over the past month on Saturday. So here we go – my TwentySeven Things for September.
- This month was my Letter To Self month. I read a letter from 22-year-old Sarah to 23-year-old Sarah and it was kind of awesome. It’s really lovely to see how much you can grow in just 12 months. So much of my mindset and the way I approach things has changed – but in a good way. I finished my 2015 Letter To Self and can’t wait to read it next year.
- I went to the Made In America festival in Downtown LA over Labor Day Weekend and had the time of my life. I wore kimonos and flower crowns and flash tattoos and danced until my feet went numb. Oh and I got to be in the mosh pit to see John Mayer. Yes I was in a mosh pit for John Mayer. (Granted most people were staked out for Kanye but I was living for Mayer.)
- I became re-obsessed with Florence and The Machine because of this cover. Also I painted a Florence inspired canvas which you can see at the bottom of this post.
- Other artist’s I’ve been obsessed with this month include: Banks, Jessie Ware, Ryn Weaver, Kiesza, Echosmith, Betty Who and Walk The Moon.
- I went to the One Direction concert at the Rose Bowl. It was amazing and awesome and I danced and screamed a lot and I regret absolutely nothing.
- Fall TV is finally back! Mindy and New Girl and Nashville and Scandal and Grey’s and all of the other new shows mean I have something to come home to and express all the emotions about.
- I watched Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday about Paulo Coelho who spoke about the worldwide success of The Alchemist on its 25th anniversary. I was so inspired that I went out and bought my 5th copy of the book. Because I mean who isn’t a sucker for an anniversary edition?
- I started going to yoga again. Hiiiiii Core Power, I missed you lots lots lots.
- I went shopping this past weekend and bought a lot of Autumn inspired things like sweaters and jeans and kimonos made of thicker fabric. Because I gotta have my kimonos.
- Speaking of a fall wardrobe, all of my boots are back in rotation. Boots are back, back again. Boots are back, tell a friend.
- I’ve read probably 15 books in the past 4 weeks and that is not an exaggeration.
- I have made the conscious decision to be more positive in every aspect of my life because I realized (finally) that good things do not come to negative people. Negative attracts negative, positive attracts positive. Science amiright? (Probably not science but you get it.)
- I finally bought my Birkenstocks. I am in love and am never wearing another pair of shoes again.
- Unless they are these boots that I also just bought, because I love them too.
- With summer finally over, I’ve finally been able to spend a few weekends at home doing nothing and it has been awesome.
- My little herb garden is surprisingly still alive. It’s been two months. This is a new record for me sooooo claps for Sarah
- I finished both 30 Rock and Parks and Rec this past month. And by “finished” I mean re-watched both for the second and third time respectively.
- The Giants made the playoffs! #OrangeOctober begins this week.
- Currently trying to find a U-Pick apple orchard in Southern California because all I want to do this fall is pick apples.
- I also have been inspired by Pinterest to try and bake some things this fall like banana bread and muffins. Lots of muffins.
- My current sweet tooth obsession is salted caramel ice cream. I don’t even care which brand, as long as it’s salted caramel I will be purchasing it.
- Can I just say it has taken me a few weeks, but I am now fully onboard with the 1989 era of Taylor Swift. I did need some time (as I do every time she releases new music and it doesn’t sound like Fearless because duh Fearless era is the best era) but I am now fully on board and jam so hard to Shake It Off. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
- Quick Etsy update: dream catchers and headbands have been added to my shop!
- I still have purple hair. Kind of. It’s more lavender now (which I am so into) and it is slowly morphing itself into an ombre. Hair game strong.
- Re-watched First Wives Club. Inspired yet again to get a white power suit and kick ass.
- Countdown is now at 11 days until I get to see Tom Petty live. That means 11 days until I check “See American Girl played live” off my bucket list.
- My TwentySeventh thing for this list goes out to this little blog who turns two years old on the 8th. I must plan a little celebration in honor.
Some of my favorite snaps from the past month.